An award is something given to a person or persons to recognize their excellence in a certain field. At The Centre for Dreams we recognize one’s achievement on a daily basis, whether it be a member’s accomplishment, a random act of kindness, community support and partnership or corporate sponsorship.
The act of volunteering contributes to a more cohesive society by building trust and reciprocity among citizens. The volunteers that give of their time and energy to The Centre for Dreams inspire us with their dedication, commitment and efforts. Recipients of these award reveal to each of us that as good as our individual efforts may be, together we can achieve even greater success.
Distinguishing Ourselves with Operational Excellence
- In 2016, The Centre for Dreams celebrates 25 Years of Service Excellence
- Monday February 25, 2013, Founder Elaine Vollett was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal from the City of Markham. Read the full story...
- In 2011 The Centre for Dreams celebrated 20 Years of Excellence
- In April 2011, at the Houston REMY awards, the 101010 Campaign Public Service Announcement received the Platinum award
- We are currently members of Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities, Character Business through Character Council of York Region and one of the founding members of Coalition for Innovative Opportunities
- In 2007, Elaine Vollett, President and Founder, was nominated for Citizen of Character Award
- In 2007, Elaine Vollett, President and Founder, nominated for OADD Achievement Award
- For the years of 2005 and 2006, The Centre for Dreams received the Volunteer of the Year Award from Markham Board of Trade
- In October 2005, The Centre for Dreams received a Business Excellence Award from the Markham Board of Trade
- In 2004, Elaine Vollett, President and Founder, received the Governor General’s Ontario Medal for Good Citizenship